The Iowa Supreme Court upheld a jury verdict in favor of a transgender employee assigned a female sex at birth who claimed gender identity discrimination for denying him use of the men’s restrooms and locker rooms. The Court also affirmed the jury’s verdict that the...
In April 2019, OFCCP Proposed six Scheduling Letters. Four of these were new altogether: Section 503 Focused Review (which previously went live in February 2019) VEVRAA Focused Review Construction (Direct Contract) Construction (Federally Assisted) …and two were...
Does anyone remember the days of walking into a Human Resource (HR) office and asking to fill out an application? The lovely HR person peeled off the top sheet of a pad of applications, handed you a clipboard, and directed you to where you could sit to complete the...
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) will announce, tomorrow, per their court-ordered deadline, their decision to collect 2017 pay data (EEO-1 Component 2) from EEO-1 filers by September 30, 2019. The EEOC expects to begin collecting EEO-1 Component...
OFCCP lowered the current VEVRAA “Benchmark for hires” for protected veterans from 6.4% to 5.9% effective March 31, 2019. Since the inception of this percentage in 2014, we have watched OFCCP steadily stair step down the Benchmark. But how much do you really know...
Many of our Members are on calendar year Affirmative Action Programs. By now (hopefully), most of you have reviewed your 2018 data, and in some cases, you may be establishing your action-oriented programs for areas where you have placement goals. As you analyze what...
- HIRE Vets Award Ceremony
- Joint-Employers – Comment Time Extended
- Sexual Harassment Prevention – Meeting Details
- Unemployment Rate Unchanged at 3.7%
- Reminder: Get Out and Vote
- Healthcare Employers–Comments Required
- MOU Signed Between OFCCP and NILG
- DOL Budget for 2019–Signed, Sealed and Delivered!
- Reminder: October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)
- DOL Announced Assistance for Hurricane Florence Recovery
- NASWA Workforce Summit Highlighted Apprenticeships
- Compliance Evaluations–Contractors Named
- OFCCP Directive Issued on Transparency
- OFCCP Directive Issue on Ombud Service
- Reminder: VETS Report Due
- Proposed FAAP Changes Announced
- “Minibus” Funding Bill Filed
- Proposed Rulemaking on Joint-Employer Standards