DirectEmployers Association’s status as a non-profit consortium puts us in a unique position. We get to offer unlimited products and services to our members for one annual membership fee–no extra line items here! Additionally, we love coming up with new ways to use your membership that don’t cost you any extra compliance or recruiting dollars. Below are nine new ways Regional VPs of Membership Development, Jen Bernhardt and Dee Anne Faller, have found to use your DirectEmployers membership:
- Your OFCCP reports aren’t just for audits. They’re also a list of vetted Veteran contacts you can reach out to as part of the revised VEVRAA regulations. As of March 24, 2014, federal contractors must engage in outreach and recruitment efforts to attract protected veterans to their organization. The local veteran employment representatives, who are already getting your jobs for the VEVRAA Mandatory Listing Requirements, are probably open to working with you on a personal level to get vets into your organization. Reach out to them!
- The Member-exclusive community has a slew of archived webinars and surveys that can be repurposed within your organization to create training sessions and internal content that can educate your team on topics that you’d like to call attention to.
- The “tag” function within the Partner Relationship Manager (PRM) can be applied to every level of contact record within the PRM. Be sure to use this feature so you can pull customized reports and even generate customized views within the PRM home screen. This saves valuable time when analyzing all of the outreach that’s been document for the VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations.
- Applying source codes to the sites DirectEmployers syndicates your jobs to will allow you to pull valuable AAP data and hiring statistics out of your ATS. Source codes will identify the site that sent the job applicant to you so you can see if this candidate came from a Veteran recruiting source, etc.
- DirectEmployers.org has its very own Federal Contractor Corner where all of our expert blogs, advice, forms, and links are stored. Rather than searching the internet for a resource, use the comprehensive tool-kit we’ve already created for you.
- Through DirectEmployers’ partnership with Employ Media, we are the exclusive technology provider of the .JOBS top-level domain. Contained within that vast network are niche sites like Disability.jobs, Veterans.jobs, and Diversity.jobs. Using these sites as recruiting tools when reaching out to those special groups can add credibility and improve job visibility.
- DirectEmployers partners with hundreds of disability, diversity, and military organizations around the country to assist Members. Many of these organizations would like to work directly with our Members by creating niche recruiting programs, coordinating job fairs, etc. We’d love to put you in contact with them!
- We pride ourselves on providing the largest product offering in OFCCP compliance, but we don’t stop there. We also strive to assemble the best team of experts to educate our members. John C. Fox, Joyce Morgan, Candee Chambers and others are at your disposal via blog posts and webinars and can easily be contacted by email to answer any question you may have. Connect with your membership representative and we’re happy to put you in touch with one of our knowledgeable experts.
- Our support team is second to none. If you need logins, call us. If you need training, call us. If you’ve been notified of an audit, call us. The benefit of us being a small nonprofit is that you’ll always get a live human to answer your questions and provide outstanding service.
Hopefully this list has provided some insight into the new ways you and your team can use the DE membership. If you’ve thought of an additional way to use membership that isn’t listed here, reach out to us and let us know so we can share with your fellow Members.