Exclusive Partnership Between Employers & States
The National Labor Exchange (NLx) represents our unique, partnership with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) to collect and distribute job openings exclusively found on corporate career websites, state job banks, and federal government job sites.
What is the NLx?
Established in 2007, the National Labor Exchange (NLx) partnership operates the only nonprofit national online labor exchange system in the United States. The NLx collects and distributes vetted, active, unduplicated job postings that are refreshed daily. Openings are provided by over 350,000 employers including 20,000 corporate career center websites, and small- and medium-sized employers who post their job openings directly with the publicly-funded state workforce system.
How it Works
Jobs are collected from authentic sources including corporate career sites or state job banks — no duplicates or scams
Jobs are refreshed and provided daily to hundreds of government/nonprofit sites across the country — no dead links
Jobs are made available to job seekers and lead back to the point of origin so they can apply directly with your ATS
Benefits for DirectEmployers Members
- Increased job seeker traffic, while keeping brand prominence
- Automated job posting with state, federal and nonprofit portals with access to their diverse talent pipelines
- Stronger connection with state workforce agency employer services
- Advocacy from the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) during an OFCCP compliance audit
Our partnership with NASWA, and the formation of the NLx, has enabled us to obtain signed data sharing agreements with all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and has paved the way for partnerships with these distinguished organizations and more:
NLx Steering Committee
Driving the Strategic Growth of Our Nation’s Labor Exchange
- Determining future activities and goals that support the strategic plan for the partnership
- Driving solutions for both employers and state workforce agencies
- Serving as a liaison for employers and state workforce agencies to address pertinent questions, concerns, and feedback
- Fostering a positive and collaborative relationship between state workforce agencies and employers
Interested in joining the committee? We’d love to chat! Contact us to inquire.
Powered by Knowledge & Experience
When it comes to providing direction and support, finding the right partner is essential! Our VetCentral team is backed by not only years of experience in the state workforce environment and recruitment space, but serving the needs of veterans and employers and helping bridge the connection between the two.
VP, Strategic Partnerships
Operations Manager - NLx
Discover the Perks of Membership
The NLx is bridging the gap between employers and state workforce personnel. Tap into the most powerful, collaborative, web-based labor exchange system in the nation to discover top talent, streamline your hiring process, and fuel your company’s growth with a DirectEmployers membership.
Discover the Perks of Partnership
State Workforce Staff
The NLx partnership offers state workforce agencies a number of no-cost services, including: downloads and uploads of jobs openings, indexing, microsites, hosted state job banks, jobseeker analytics, and the Hilton Honors Military Program. Targeted training and technical assistance, is available through NASWA.