Networking & Education
Every year with the ADA Anniversary, I try to picture if the Americans with Disabilities Act were a person. I did it as a retrospective during the 30th anniversary, trying to picture one of my newly 30-year-old-friends getting promoted and buying a house. But this...
Something I have learned from working in disability communities, and as part of broader diversity, equity, and inclusion conversations, is that everyone inevitably messes up. It’s hard for us to challenge what we know, what is socially and culturally ingrained in us,...
This blog post was written by Tammi Wallace (she/her/hers), Co-Founder, President & CEO of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce, originally published on June 1, 2021.This year, in Houston, Pride Month takes on a bit of a different tone due to the pandemic...
This blog post was written by Tammi Wallace (she/her/hers), Co-Founder, President & CEO of the Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce, originally published on June 1, 2022. It’s June! June is about celebrating the LGBTQ+ community. The Chamber will be...
While EEOC and OFCCP have yet to include non-binary gender options in their reporting and processes – despite announcing back in April that these options are coming – gender pronouns remain a crucial part of any inclusion strategy and a clear way to show acceptance...
The following blog post was authored by long-time DirectEmployers partner, Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN).There is little doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about many changes to the employment landscape, for both...
It’s safe to say that the pandemic has transformed many things, including the way people view employment which has led us to the present day and the rapid rate of resignations. While employers struggle with how to retain talent, this shift has caused many employers to...
- Panel Discusses Neurodiversity In The Workplace & Breaking Down Barriers
- EEOC Commissioner Sonderling Told DirectEmployers Annual Meeting Attendees The EEO-1 Component 2 Survey Will Soon Return
- HR Director Rises to the Challenge Of Implementing National HRIS At Decentralized Construction Company
- Attorney Explains How To Lawfully Use Race & Gender In The Selection Process
- Wake Up Call! Michael Murray Revealed The Power of Disability Inclusion
- OFCCP Director Yang Revealed: Subgroup Goals & Non-Binary Gender Reporting Are On Her Agenda
- Brian Pier Canvassed Modern Data Privacy Laws From A to Z
- Vanderbilt Health Professionals Discussed How To Build Authentic Relationships with Diverse Community Organizations
- Fox and Chambers Performed A Mock OFCCP Audit Covering The “Hot” Compliance Issues
- Polcer & Fiore Highlighted On-Demand Disability Education to Match Your Needs
- Scott Lesnick Delivered A Keynote With Practical Tips to Attract, Engage & Retain 5 Unique Generations Of Employees
- DE Executive Director Candee Chambers Welcomed Members for Three Days of Education, Networking & Fun
- DE’s Family Of Brands Provide A “One-Stop Shop”
- Fox & Wang Discussed Recent Significant OFCCP Developments
- Maysoon Zayid Presented The First Keynote Address: “If I Cancan, You Cancan”
- Recruit Rooster is the Buzz of the Barnyard with its Evolving Recruitment Tools
- Recruiter Panel Dove Into Tech & User-Driven Development Behind Talent Community
- Judy Julius Took A Deep Dive Into The New Census Data
- TEKsystems Team Discussed How To Leverage Early Talent To Solve for Diversity
- Torin Ellis Tore it Up When Presenting The Second Keynote of The Day: “Minus the Illusion”…Ended Day One With A Challenge