As part of our partnership with SocialTalent, they will be providing blog posts each week until the official launch of our learning series in March!
The new year can be an inspiring time for people determined to change their habits and learn new skills. With thousands of skills to choose from, it’s hard to know which are the most efficient to focus time on, and will offer the greatest return on investment.
For those resolving to transform their career in 2019, it’s a good idea to spend time honing the skills most sought after by companies. Using data from LinkedIn, Whiteboard Advisors has identified the skills most sought after in 2019 by over 2,000 companies surveyed.
As the world rushes toward the cloud, companies are desperately searching for engineers who have the skills to accommodate this demand.
- Learning Cloud Computing: Networking Learning
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Developers
- AWS for Architects: Advanced Security
Machine learning and AI is part of almost every business, and skilled workers in this field are highly sought after.
- Artificial Intelligence Foundations: Neural Networks
- Artificial Intelligence Foundations: Machine Learning
- Machine Learning and AI Foundations: Classification Modeling
As they collect more data than ever before, companies are hungry for professionals who can make smart decisions based off it.
The world has changed from a “command-and-control” model toward leaders who can coach and empower, a difficult skillset few professionals possess.
UX design is the key to making a digital world work for humans.
Mobile App Development
A skill that’s been in-demand for several years as companies continue to design mobile-first platforms.
- React Native Essential Training
- iOS 12 Development Essential Training: 1 Fundamental, UI, and Architecture
- iOS 12 Development Essential Training: 2 Web Content, Views, and Distribution
Demand for video production is spiking as video streaming represents 70 percent of all consumer Internet traffic.
- Foundations of Video: The Art of Editing
- Video Foundations: Cameras and Shooting
- Web Video for Business: Creating a Web Series
Sales is one of those skills that’s always in-demand, and great sales leaders are only becoming harder and harder to find.
We are more connected globally than ever before, with translation skills breaking down one of the last remaining barriers: language.
- Communicating Across Cultures
- Developing Cross-Cultural Intelligence
- InDesign: Multilingual Publishing Strategies
Similar to video, there’s been a spike in interest in podcasts and other audio digital formats recently, leading to increased demand for this skill.
Looking to improve your recruitment and hiring skills? We have thousands of hours of content on the SocialTalent platform designed to make you better at your job. Check out the link below to find out how we can help you transform your recruiting in 2019!