If DirectEmployers 2023 Annual Meeting & Conference (DEAMcon23) is any indicator, employers are making great strides in creating work environments that are diverse and equitable, but also supporting a culture of inclusion and belonging – which is crucial to success and employee retention efforts. Each year, DiversityInc surveys participating companies and each completed submission receives a free report card, assessing its performance versus the competitor’s overall performance in six key aspects of workplace fairness:
- Human Capital Metrics: Four levels of management, total management, total workforce, promotions, retention, and new hires
- Leadership Accountability: Looks at Board of Directors, CEO and Senior Leadership
- Talent Programs: Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), mentoring, high potential and sponsorship programs
- Workforce Practices: Talent acquisition, talent management, onboarding, benefits and supplier diversity
- Supplier Diversity: Spend with companies owned by people from underrepresented groups
- Philanthropy: Contributions to non-profit organizations focused on people from underrepresented groups and employee volunteerism
Earlier this month, DiversityInc debuted its Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and we are proud to say that of the companies named, 62% are Members of DirectEmployers (denoted with an asterisk below)! Let’s take a look at this year’s ranking:
Congratulations to all the employers who earned this special distinction! List or no list, we’re proud of your efforts to continue the DEIB conversation in your workplaces and support you in forming partnerships with organizations serving veterans, individuals with disabilities, females, and underrepresented groups across the nation. Together we can build an inclusive workforce of the future!
Need some additional tips? Search DE Connect, DirectEmployers’ online Member community, to network with organizations on this list and gather tips that may help you improve your DEIB efforts.
- Celebrating Diversity & Inclusion: DE Members Shine on DiversityInc’s 2023 Top 50 List - May 31, 2023
- Indianapolis Star Names DirectEmployers Association a Winner of the Central Indiana Top Workplaces 2023 Award - May 15, 2023
- DirectEmployers Named #1 in Government Contracting in JD Supra 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards - March 7, 2023