The beginning of a new year brings a lot of opportunities for organizations to examine their own disability outreach practices and evaluate their effectiveness. In addition, the OFCCP’s new regulations for 503 require that federal contractors undertake appropriate outreach and positive recruitment activities to effectively recruit qualified individuals with disabilities.
Many of DirectEmployers’ Member companies have best in class outreach and recruitment activities for hiring people with disabilities. Two key components that have led to success for these organizations include aligning sourcing strategies with Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) and developing specific outreach plans with ongoing assessment and measurement.
Let’s examine these concepts a little further:
A. Ensuring Sourcing Strategy is aligned with Your Affirmative Action Plan.
- Align you outreach to:
- Geographic and functional areas
- Talent Acquisition managers
- RPO and TCM
- National, local and corporate strategy
- Document outreach in a central database or location like the Partner Relationship Manager (PRM) or CRM.
- Assess outreach partners at the end of the 3rd quarter.
B. Developing Your Outreach Plan:
- Set quarterly meetings with functional management teams
- Case Management
- Record Keeping
- Conduct outreach to agencies focused on veterans and individuals with disabilities
- Assess these efforts on a quarterly basis
- Focus on basic fundamental execution – Audit Ready!
- Recruitment roadmap
- Mock audits
- Embed training with compliance/outreach
Outreach for Individuals with disabilities is no longer a “nice to have,” it’s a requirement. Now is as good a time as any to evaluate your internal practices. DirectEmployers can help. Learn more in our OFCCP page on DirectEmployers.org. In addition, Members can access exclusive tools and resources for disability outreach best practices in Pipeline – our Member-exclusive online community.
[fancy_box title=”Related Posts”]
DirectEmployers Forms New Alliance with Easter Seals, Further Encouraging Disability and Veteran Hiring Initiatives
Nancy Holland is Philanthropy Chair for DE Serves, the charitable foundation of DirectEmployers Association. In this role she is responsible for fundraising, programming, operations and budgeting that includes event management and marketing, branding, communications and digital marketing. Full Bio »