The principles of open source help drive innovation. We see it with technologies like Ubuntu and Firefox, and programming languages such as PHP and Python. Even HR is catching on, and organizations like #HROS have been formed to “make it easier for practitioners to access the resources, tips and tricks they need to succeed in today’s world of work while hiring and developing the top talent of tomorrow” (http://hros.co/#what-is-hros).
Over 15 years ago at the inception of DirectEmployers, one of the key objectives for the Association was to help our Members connect and exchange knowledge through events, think tanks, partnerships and educational webinars. It’s also why we continue our Member Awards Competition initiative.
Our awards offer participating Members an opportunity to be recognized and receive feedback from subject matter experts (panel of judges). Earning an award shows prospective candidates that your company values diversity and/or has an excellent recruitment program that emphasizes the candidate experience. Or, it demonstrates your commitment as a federal contractor to going above and beyond OFCCP compliance requirements.
Over the last couple of years, Member award winners have reflected a variety of company sizes and industries. In other words, it’s not about being the biggest brand or having the largest budget – it’s about incorporating key fundamentals and inserting some creativity to achieve your recruitment marketing or OFCCP compliance goals.
Here’s a sample of previous participants:
- Ingalls Shipbuilding’s Fast Track Foreman: Veteran Hiring Done Right
- Member Awards | Phillips 66 Route to Success
- Expanding Your Diversity Initiative to Include Veterans and People with Disabilities
- Member Spotlight Series: Workforce Planning to Address Gaps in Utilities Sector
- Member Spotlight Series: Creating an In-House Search Group
- Member Spotlight Series: How Emory University Used Social Media Recruiting for Improved and Quicker Hires
- Member Spotlight Series: AOL’s Cultural Ambassador Program
- RISE to the Occasion: Creating Excellence in College Recruitment
- Member Spotlight Series | Heading Down a Non-Traditional Career Path: If the Shoe Fits, Wear it!
We’re quickly approaching the submission deadline for the 3rd Annual Member Awards Competition – January 29, 2016. Help elevate excellence in the areas of recruitment marketing and OFCCP compliance by submitting your best work. There’s no cost to participate, and the submission form is quick and easy to complete. Submit your work or learn more at http://www.directemployers.org/member-awards/. Good luck!