The DirectEmployers Member Awards (DMAs) recognize Member companies for excellence and commitment in OFCCP compliance and recruitment marketing. Learn more about awards, rules/eligibility, prizes, and previous winners, or dive right in and submit today!
- Share your best practices with other Members.
- Many people look at industry-related award presentations and say only those with name/brand recognition will win. THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE for the DMAs. This gives opportunity for newer and/or smaller member companies to get recognition!
- All participants will be showcased on our Association blog for their efforts.
- The submission process is easy. It will take 30-45 minutes to complete an entry. It is a great opportunity to develop a success story for your internal leaders and executives as well as share externally.
- A chance to earn recognition, which is great PR from a candidate’s perspective.
- Winners get a trophy to hold up like the champion they are!
DirectEmployers Association Members constantly juggle multiple AAPs, career sites, talent acquisition strategies, recruitment efforts and other HR responsibilities—often with limited resources and budgets. To commend them for their hard work and facilitate the sharing of best practices and benchmarking, the Association’s Board of Directors launched the Member Awards Competition in 2013.
The 2016 DMA categories:
Each category (OFCCP Compliance and Recruitment Marketing) will have a judging panel comprised of experts that have immense experience within the industry. Judges will review each submission and assign a score based on a scorecard developed by the Awards Committee. Once the submission period has concluded (January 27, 2017), all scores will be compiled, and two finalists will be named in each category.
All entrants will be notified by February 10, 2017 as to whether or not their submission(s) was a finalists. The two finalists in each category will receive further instruction regarding participation in the panel and Q&A session at DirectEmployers’ 2017 Annual Meeting & Conference (DEAM17). The winner will be recognized during a general session (currently scheduled for 8:00 AM on Wednesday, May 10, 2017).
Following DEAM17, DirectEmployers will publish a press release. Award recipients will receive a link to the official release, in addition to a modifiable version and pictures (from the event of winners with their award crystals) to be used as desired. The official award recipient logo will also be shared with finalists to proudly display on their collateral and web assets.
Prizes & Recognition
DMA finalists will receive the following prizes:
- Free admission (up to 3 employees of the organization) to the DirectEmployers 2017 Annual Meeting & Conference
- One (1) hotel room for up to two (2) nights at the Crowne Plaza at Union Station
- Travel reimbursement for one (1) employee for up to $500
- Crystal award customized with winning category and organization name
- Recognition in DirectEmployers official press release
DirectEmployers 2017 Annual Meeting & Conference | Dinner and Session:
The finalists will be required to attend the DirectEmployers 2017 Annual Meeting & Conference (DEAM17)* where the winner will be recognized during a general session (currently scheduled for 8:00 AM Wednesday, May 10, 2017), followed by a panel discussion with Q&A. The winner will simply need to speak a few minutes about the award-winning initiative and take questions from the audience.
Finalists (up to 3 employees from each organization) will also be treated to an exclusive dinner with the Board of Directors on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 7:30 – 9:30 PM.
*An entrant will NOT be disqualified if unable to attend DEAM17 in-person; however, entrants must be available to conference in or use a platform such as Skype or Google Hangouts to participate.
**All dates and times are subject to change.
- To be eligible for consideration, entries must have been executed, implemented or rolled out for at least part of calendar year 2015 or 2016 and be from a current Member company of DirectEmployers Association as of May 2017.
- Ineligible/incomplete entries may be disqualified at any phase of the competition without notification.
- DirectEmployers Member Awards Competition (DMAs) assumes all entries are original and the entrant either owns the work or has permission from other appropriate party to enter the work, with all rights granted therein. In the event that an entrant without such rights submits an entry, the entrant will not be eligible for the competition. DirectEmployers Association is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
- Submission of any entry acknowledges the right of DirectEmployers to use for exhibition, promotion and publication purposes in any medium, but will not release any data or work indicated as confidential.
- Timely submission of an entry meeting the eligibility requirements as stated herein ensures an entrant’s work will be reviewed for recognition.
- If an entry receives an award, the manner and details of announcing such nomination and award is strictly within the discretion of the DMAs Competition.
- Only submissions from recruiting and other corporate departments involved in talent acquisition or OFCCP compliance will be accepted and evaluated. Submissions from vendors on behalf of clients will not be accepted. Entries can include components provided from a vendor (such as graphics or consulting), we just ask that the DirectEmployers Member submit for the award(s) and, if selected as a finalist, be the representative on the panel/Q&A session at DEAM17.
- DirectEmployers Association and the judging panel are not obligated to disclose the judges’ scores or feedback, number of submissions or names of organizations applying for awards that get selected as a finalist.
- Judges and their respective companies will not be eligible to participate in the category they are judging.
- Award winners will be profiled at conferences, webinars, and elsewhere, but the committee nor DirectEmployers will not release any data indicated as confidential. All finalists will participate in a Q&A session for attendees at DEAM17.
- DirectEmployers Association will reimburse the winner of each category for: one (1) round-trip economy class airfare (up to $500) and one room for up to 2 nights at the Historic Crowne Plaza at Union Station (conference host hotel).
DirectEmployers Association reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any portion of the awards program at any time.