- Congress resumed work after its August Break
- DHS announced rescission of DACA Program resulting in 720,000 “Dreamer” work authorizations to expire and not be renewed
- Eric Dreiband’s nomination hearing went off without fireworks
- Senate Appropriations Committee now weights in with USDOL and OFCCP budget, dividing Republicans on the “Administrative State”
- OFCCP merger proposal rejected
- Cornell survey for Section 503 study opened
In today’s edition of OFCCP Week in Review, John C. Fox and Candee Chambers discuss the OMB’s renewed self-identification form; Victoria Lipnic appointed to Chair of EEOC; White House Press Office indicates Trump Administration will leave Obama LGBTQ Executive Order intact; Andrew Puzder’s Senate confirmation hearing delayed indefinitely; 10th Circuit Judge Neil Gorsuch nominated to U.S. Supreme Court; Senate Judiciary Committee sends Senator Sessions’ nomination to be Attorney General to Senate for full vote; and end of the “Blacklisting Rule” now goes to Senate for a final vote.
To aid in peer-to-peer learning amongst its 875+ member organizations, Indianapolis-based nonprofit DirectEmployers Association announces its 4th Annual Member Awards Competition. Members of Association are invited to submit their initiatives in two competition categories–OFCCP Compliance and Recruitment Marketing.
As federal contractors know, the OFCCP’s VEVRAA and Section 503 regulations now require employers to conduct and track outreach efforts to ensure equal employment opportunities for all. To manage and evaluate their outreach activities, many employers are developing unique strategies and implementing new tools that can assist with this measure. For the 3rd Annual DirectEmployers Member Awards Competition, a number of our Member organizations submitted their outstanding initiatives surrounding outreach and one was even named the overall winner of our Compliance category! Let’s take a look at some of these initiatives.