Last month, in place of DirectEmployers 2020 Annual Meeting & Conference (DEAMcon20), we offered a virtual networking event, promoted a number of webinars and brought back our DE Talk podcast for a few exciting “QuaranDEAM Edition” episodes. Our first episode was...
Let’s face the facts–for some, making connections is inherently built into their DNA. For others, making cold calls and building relationships is an uncomfortable gray area. The fact of the matter is that outreach is a necessary component…
- NLRB Implemented Almost All Election Rule Changes
- Trouble in the EEOC
- ETA Released Workplace Resources for Intellectual Disability
- EEOC to Hold Public Meeting on Wellness Programs
- Leen Testifies to be Inspector General, Office of Personnel Management
- New Movement for EEOC Commissioner Seats
- Progress in Getting the NLRB Filled
- Nomination For New Head of ODEP
- NILG Announced Webinar Series
- Finalists Announced in Veteran Employment Challenge
- EEOC Commissioner Charges and Directed Investigations Explained
- May Employment Situation Shows Unemployment Numbers Finally Dropped!
- Final Rule Effective Date Set on Fluctuating Workweek Overtime Computation
“A compliment is verbal sunshine” -Robert Orben June 1st marks not only the start of a new month but also ‘Say Something Nice Day’–and what perfect timing! It is likely that you have scrolled through your social media feeds over the last week and not been inundated...
- OSHA Created Webpage for COVID-19 Guidance to Help Construction Workers
- New Version of “Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans” Released
- OFCCP Announced New Landing Page for Native American Inclusion Efforts
- Comment Now on the ‘Report of Construction Contractor’s Wage Rates’
- ODEP Supports Employers to Recognize Mental Health Awareness Month
- ETA Published A Blog Setting Out Six Steps to Become an SRE
- OSHA Issued a Social Distancing Alert
- Federal Judge Strikes Down NLRB “Anti-Quickie” Union Election Rules
- Senate Hearing Scheduled for OFCCP Director Leen to be OPM Inspector General
- Upcoming Event
Section 503 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Self-Identification Requirements & Practice Tips for Federal Government Contractors & Subcontractors
Welcome back to our blog series on self-identification compliance requirements and “best practices.” In this third and final installment of the blog series, we discuss OFCCP’s rules requiring self-identification pursuant to Section 503, as well as recordkeeping...
Season One of the DE Talk podcast wrapped back in March but in light of the cancellation of our 2020 Annual Meeting & Conference (DEAMcon20), we decided to keep the conversation going and spin out a few QuaranDEAM Edition episodes to help HR pros with challenges...
- OFCCP Recognized Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- WHD Issued Final Rule to Simplify Retail or Service Industry Exemptions
- OSHA Adopted Revised Enforcement Policies for Coronavirus
- A Procedurally Odd Finale to the Secretary of Labor’s ‘Direct Final Rule’ on The Secretary’s Review of ARB Decisions
- NLRB Announced Public Outreach Sessions on “Quickie Election” Procedures
- WHD Issued Final Rule to Expand Access to the Fluctuating Workweek Method of Computing Overtime
New projects, fresh ideas, and brand-spanking-new designs are continually churning out of this henhouse. Our flock of Roosters is more than happy to take on modern design challenges, branding, and creative work. Recently, this feathery crew brought new life and...
Executive Order 11246 & VEVRAA Self-Identification Requirements & Practice Tips for Federal Government Contractors & Subcontractors
In the first part of this three-part blog series, we covered self-identification for EEO-1 reporting purposes. In addition to EEO-1 reporting obligations, Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), as...