- Opinion Letter Issued on the Scope of Legal Protections for Religious Liberty
- Negotiation Impasse Among Top Issues Requesting Ombud Service
- The EEOC Announced Dates for Three EEO Survey Data Collections
- Focused Review Survival Grid with New AAP Page
- DE Talk Podcast: Leverage Your Strengths with CliftonStrengths Finder
- Comment Now on the Registration & EEO in Apprenticeships Program
- Religious Discrimination in Employment – Report Released
- EEOC Final Rule on Its Conciliation Process Moves in the Direction of Employers, but is Ultimately Disappointing
- OFCCP Reveals Top Five Violations from Disability Focused Reviews
- EEOC Opinion Letter: No OWBPA Disclosures Required to Non-U.S. Citizens Outside the United States
- Clarity on EEOC’s Authority to Intervene in Litigation and Approve Amicus Curiae Recommendations
- Biden Transition Team Floats Trial Balloon: Jenny Yang for OFCCP Director?
- EEOC Director of State, Local, and Tribal Programs Appointed
- Three New FLSA Opinion Letters from WHD
- EEOC Revised Compliance Manual Section on Religious Discrimination
It had all the early earmarks of the classic four-part political “trial balloon.” First, the rumors began to swirl (two weeks ago) that the US DOL Transition Team had selected a candidate to be the next OFCCP Director. Second, early last week, the rumors named Jenny...
2020 saw many changes, and their effect on the human resources industry has been profound, leaving even the most experienced HR professional stumped and looking for guidance. Career development and continuing education courses are great options, but learning from...
- EEOC Mediation Pilot Program Extended
- USDOJ Pursues Last-Minute Attempt to Kill “Adverse Impact” Discrimination Claims Against Federal Grant Recipients
- USDOL’s New Independent Contractor Final Rule is DOA, Or Is It? Not So Fast!
- Comment on EEOC’s Wellness Program Incentive Proposal
- HIRE Vets Award Officially Open for Registration
- E-Verify Back-Up – Get Compliant by January 11, 2021
- EEOC Shuts Down Democrat Commissioners’ Objections to More Transparent Commission Conciliation Negotiations with Respondent Employers
- New Resources in the Telework & Accessibility Toolkit
- New FAQs on CA Pay Data Reporting Act
- WHD Issued First Two Opinion Letters of 2021
- What Exactly is “Systemic Enforcement” at the EEOC?
- Employment Numbers Take a Hit as Dining Occupancy Allowance Drops
- Biden announced Boston Mayor Marty Walsh as Labor Secretary Nominee
- EEOC To Hold Two Public Meetings This Week
USDOJ Pursues Last-Minute Attempt to Kill “Adverse Impact” Discrimination Claims Against Federal Grant Recipients
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, the United States Department of Justice (“DOJ”) has submitted to the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”) for review a Final Rule amending DOJ’s regulations administering Title VI (Title 6) of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The Final Rule...
On Thursday, January 7, 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor (“USDOL”) published its long-awaited Final Rule in the Federal Register revising its interpretation of independent contractor (“IC”) status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”). Significantly, the Rule...
OFCCP Issued Proposed Scheduling Letters for Focused Reviews on Promotions and Accommodations…But They Are Not What You Expected
On December 22, 2020, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) sent two proposed audit Scheduling Letters to the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”) seeking OMB’s approval for OFCCP to use them to launch “focused reviews on promotion” and...
- New COVID-19 Relief Permits Employers to Voluntarily Extend Cost-Free Paid Leave Under FFCRA into 2021
- EO 13950 Imploded Even Before Biden Could Cancel it + Bonus Blog Post
- REMINDER: Time to Get Ready to Apply for USDOL’s HIRE Vets Medallion Program
- OFCCP Now Accepting Public Comment on Its New Proposed Information Collection Requests in Construction Contractor Compliance Audit Scheduling Letters Awaiting OMB Approval
- OFCCP Wants More Comments on Its Proposal to Require Contractors to Submit All AAPs for Verification: Public Comment Deadline Extended
- OFCCP Director Craig Leen Timed Out: Does Not Make it to OPM + Bonus Blog Post
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues Two Opinion Letters Regarding Travel Time and Overtime Payments Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- EEOC Announces It will Hold Its First Commission Meeting of 2021
- OFCCP Touts a Year in Review
The 106th Congress ended this day, and along with it so did Craig Leen’s attempt to become the Inspector General of OPM, as the Senate formally returned to President Trump Mr. Leen’s expired nomination (along with hundreds of other expired but unfilled nominations)...
RECAP U.S. District Court Preliminarily Enjoined EO 13950 Ban on “Divisive” D&I Training OFCCP Canceled Announced Focused Reviews on D&I OFCCP Has Also Stopped EO 13950 Complaint Investigations On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, the United States District Court...